it's my cable and I'll cry if I want to

So I guess I am drawing a blank tonight. I don't have a whole lot to say and honestly in the middle of the week (yes, Friday is the middle of my week) I am pretty much consumed by work and lack any great stories. I will just offer a little advice for you soon to be married people (although I think all of our readers are either already married or single).

After reading Beth's blog tonight. I was reminded of when Claire and I were discussing finances before our marriage. At the time we were unaware of what our income would be or really what our expenses would be. I may have thrown out a comment in the nature of "We may just not have cable at all" which in turn made Claire cry. This may seem strange or outlandish to some that she would cry over cable. In reality I think it was less the lack of cable than the realization that we had no certainty as to how we were going to pay for ourselves to live. It was the cold truth that we couldn't really rely on our parents to help us out, although they still do of their own accord. Cable was just a materialization of that thought. Of course now if I tried I couldn't cancel the cable because Claire and I have addictive personalities and have "our shows" that we need to watch. Who am I kidding, I can't miss The Office or Heroes. Anyways, the moral of the story is, don't worry about discussing the important issues, just make sure you know whether you are going to have cable or not!

Ok...maybe you should also discuss the important stuff as well.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You so don't have to miss Heroes or The Office (or SYTYCD, or Bones, or House) if you cancel your cable (we still watch them). That's what Hulu is for! Hulu has also made us watch Fringe (emphasis on MADE). . . so much for us pairing down our TV watching! Except now it's free!

Chance's Favorite Blogs

Claire's Favorite Blogs

Labels

Our Beloved Readers