this one's gonna be boring

Not gonna lie - it hasn't been a very eventful day in the Patrick household. Just your average workday + grocery store trip...nothing super cool.

Although, my dear friend Tiffany came over and we got to watch Grey's. And SHE's super cool. I love our Thursday night hangouts. (: I also cooked dinner (pineapple-jalepeno chicken), which wasn't really super cool - but decent, at least (I know, kinda summery, oh well). I haven't cooked in quite a while, at least, not creatively - so it was kinda' a challenge for me to think of anything to make. I need to get back in the swing of things. Probably not gonna happen any time soon as I just stocked up on easily-microwavable soup at the store. Well, when I run out...maybe I'll cook then.

(I'm always tempted to say "In other news..." here. I've done it a billion times. Apparently I'm terrible at segues).

Although today wasn't super amazing, yesterday truly was. I was privileged enough to get to accompany my dear friend Emily (she just started blogging yesterday, check her out!!!) to her OB appointment, and the most amazing thing happened. We got to listen to her baby's heartbeat! She's about 13 weeks into her pregnancy...and it was seriously one of the neatest/most unbelievable things I've ever heard. Little "Chigger" (as I lovingly call the baby) has a heartbeat like a super-fast freight train. It was incredible. I'd gotten to go to her first appointment too, but not in the room with her - so I'd just seen a sonogram photo. That made her pregnancy REAL to me, but THIS made it even more so. Congrats, Em. And thanks for inviting me along. I can't wait til her next appointment - the gender 'peek'! Oh boy! Even if I don't get to go, I'm super excited about all of it. It's awesome to be able to watch a friend go through her whole pregnancy (even if I'm not the least bit interested in getting pregnant myself). (:

Small group last night was also just such a blessing. We've been meeting as a group for about 6-7 months now (I think) and last night things finally really came together. I feel like we have a plan, a direction, and we're just growing and learning a lot with each other. I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks, months, and even years with these friends. I'm thankful for that.

Shoot. I started off thinking I had nothing to blog about. I guess I did. Maybe I'm not quite so boring after all, eh? Maybe.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! great news about your small group. :)

Chance's Favorite Blogs

Claire's Favorite Blogs

Labels

Our Beloved Readers