a month of blogging

Well, we have had our blog for a little over a month now. I'm sad to say that I don't feel it has lived up to my expectations of it. Maybe I thought I would have grand thoughts I would share with everyone on a daily/semi-daily basis. Then the real world set in and I have been working 70 hours a week for the last two weeks with little time for blogging much else anything else in my life. Such are the woes of being a general manager at a restaurant, I guess.

Halloween was good, we went to a couple of friends' parties, played games, and went to bed. I think the holiday really lost it's appeal to me about, oh, 15 years ago when I couldn't go trick or treating anymore. I remember going with mom one year in pajamas that had glow in the dark skeletons on them. I have no idea how we convinced mom this was suitable for Russell and I but we did it and I am pretty sure I had too much candy. I am positive I had too much candy, since I still have too much candy on Halloween and I am 24. Who can resist a butterfinger or 6 anyways (they were at least the "fun" size ones). I might let Claire tell you more about what we actually did on Halloween. For this post, however, I wanted to write about something on my mind.

I got a haircut on Wednesday. While doing so I realized I finally understood why Claire likes to go get massages. In my own weird way, getting a haircut, for me, is like getting a massage. Of course, there are some boundaries on this. I have to have a stylist that is either foreign and therefore can not communicate with me, or just someone who has no desire to discuss my frivolous day. So assuming I have a mute, foreign, or shy hairstylist I can go in sit down and shut off. Often this ends in me nearly drifting off to sleep. I have the white noise of the buzzers, a cool mist being sprayed from time to time and a nice hair/head massage. Really how could this not be wonderful. I realized I have been letting myself down by being so lazy as to only get a haircut every 2-3 months. I am missing out on one of the most relaxing 20 minutes of my month if I skip for that long. Maybe I am just crazy but dang it's relaxing.

Also November is National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) so maybe Claire and I can get on top of this and give you readers a little more to chew on as we head into Thanksgiving. But, expect me to be gone for about two weeks around the big Turkey day as thats my busiest time of year at work.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

70 hour weeks? That's no good. My job had a season like that and I felt like I was going to have a meltdown. Props to you for having any thoughts to post at all.

Marilyn said...

I want to come see you at Thanksgiving, but I know you'll be so busy we won't see you. Guess I'll wait until January, but that seems a long way off. I'm missing all you kids! I remember those skeleton pajamas. Lying in a tanning bed is really relaxing, but also highly dangerous. I don't recommend it.

Chance's Favorite Blogs

Claire's Favorite Blogs

Labels

Our Beloved Readers